This week's unclaimed domain:
Every week, I cook up a domain name for which no website exists. I fling it out to the readers in the hopes that someone might buy that domain name and enjoy it. For instance, last week, I recommended TextsFromYesterdayAfternoon.com and it appears that some day it might actually contain content.
But this week, I don't really care if anyone buys OwnThatDomainName.com. This domain simply gives me a reason to explain to all the noobs out there how to buy a domain name. That way, there's no excuse for an un-purchased domain name of the week (not that there ever has been). If you're feeling benevolent, buy OwnThatDomainName.com and forward it right back to this post.
Click through for the step-by-step…
Here are the steps you have to take to OwnThatDomainName:
- Go to a domain name registrar's site. It has nothing to do with your grades in college. Try GoDaddy.
- Type in the unclaimed domain name of the week. Click "Go!" Prepare for fun!
- Click the itty-bitty "No Thanks" underneath the 6,000 superfluous offers you'll get.
- Fill out all the credit card information. If you'd like to throw in some identity theft, email that information to me as well.
- After you're finished, you can easily forward that domain to another site using one of these techniques or by following GoDaddy's tutorial (if you used them). Or, let your web skills lead the way!