Cornell's Pi Phi sorority made quite a stir on the Internet this week when their rush dress code was "leaked" to the Internet. (I put the term "leak" in parenthesis because I typically reserve the term "leak" for the dissemination of important information. We'll make an exception here.)
Apparently, the Pi Phi rush chair is very particular about what prospective members should and should not be wearing. And I don't blame her! If I was looking for perspective bloggers to join my Greek blogging organization, I'd have similarly strict rules.
Here's what some of my dress code would look like:
- Pants — It can be very tempting when surfing the Internet all day to not wear any pants: aka, make sure you have some pants on. This is an office for god's sakes.
- No pants
- Casual Jackets (if you want to think like Tosh, you have to look like Tosh)
- Ironic T-shirt: Preferably with a "tech" reference
- "Hooded Sweatshirts" are appropriate if you can prove you didn't sleep the night before: aka, you were partying all night with other hipsters
- Cardigans: So last year.
- Team Sports Apparel (unless you are being IRONIC)
- Button-down Shirts. Ugh. You don't believe in corporate America people.
- Barefoot: Yes please! I love it when you stick it to the man
- Anything Fancy: You are poor, so unless you can prove you got an amazing thrift store deal on those Ferragamo, don't even try. Don't mess with me.
Sweet! Want to pledge the blogger society?!