Oil is still pouring into the Gulf of Mexico despite BPs latest containment efforts. Supposedly, a new cap is going on today.
For weeks, BP has even had a hotline open where people can call in with suggestions for stopping the oil spill. I've called in many times with a landslide of suggestions, but apparently they've all fallen on deaf ears. That's why I figured I'd share some of them with you. Maybe you can help get the word out.
Here are just a few of them:
- Freeze the Gulf of Mexico, chop it into giant ice blocks, and then launch the oil-laden ice into space
- Start feeding crude oil to baby fish raised in a lab, thus causing these fish to adapt to a life with oil, then release these fish into the wild where they will breed with other fish to create an oil-loving fish master race
- Blow up the moon, which will severely limit the ocean's tides, preventing the oil from being washed up on shore
- Train an army of straw-toting diving seals who will dive down to the oil leak and slurp up all the leaking oil with their straws (This solutions is also cute! For added cuteness, use silly straws!)
- Remove the word "oil" from the dictionary: "What's that leaking into the Gulf? Got me!?"
But these are just the ideas of one man. Got any good oil spill solutions? Leave them in the comments and I'll do a follow up post highlighting some of your amazing ideas…
[via The Daily What]